Public Notices - Employment Opportunities
Borough of Harrington Park is hiring for the position of Recreation Director to oversee the recreational programs put on by public and private parks, sports facilities, community centers or other institutions. He/she shall be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operations of sports and fitness programs, activities and services. Position involves working on publicity and finances for the programs, and managing coaches and other individuals involved in running the activities.
- Experience with events coordination and planning
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel
- Team and management skills
- Effective decision-making and negotiation skills
- Ability to participate in active sports and creation activities; ability to organize and direct programs; ability to work night shifts; ability to work weekends; ability establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff/volunteers, other departments and public; ability to follow written and oral instructions; ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
The Borough of Harrington Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all rules and regulations that pertain accordingly to the advertising and hiring of such employees.