When considering a raffle for your organization you will need to do the following:
1) Check your organization's Raffle License which has been issued by the State of New Jersey to ensure
that it is valid through the pulling of the raffle prize date.
2) If it is not, you need to renew with the State of New Jersey prior to applying for a Raffle License.
3) Contact the Clerk's Office at 201-768-1700 to obtain a raffle license application number
4) Print out 3 copies (from the link below) of Click the link below for a writeable application form
5) After application is completed, have signatures notarized.
6) Bring the (3) application forms to the Borough Clerk's Office with 2 checks written out as follows:
$10 to the Borough of Harrington Park
$20 to LGCCC (Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission)
ONCE APPLICATIONS ARE RECIEVED, THE RAFFLE LICENSE WILL BE APPROVED AT THE NEXT MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEETING.
GENERALLY THESE MEETINGS ARE THE 2ND AND 3RD MONDAYS OF EACH MONTH.
AFTER APPROVAL FROM MAYOR AND COUNCIL, 15 DAYS MUST BE ALLOWED FOR THE STATE TO APPROVE YOUR APPLICATION.
ONCE APPROVED BY LGCCC, THE BOROUGH CLERK WILL ISSUE YOU AN OFFICIAL LICENSE AND YOU MAY HOLD YOUR RAFFLE.
****AFTER RAFFLE IS COMPLETE, YOUR ORGANIZATION IS REQUIRED TO FILE THE FOLLOWING FORM:****
RAFFLE LICENSE PROCESS INSTRUCTIONS-LGCCC
SAMPLE TICKET OFF PREMISES AWARDING CASH
SAMPLE TICKET OFF PREMISES AWARDING MERCHANDISE